Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First Real Blog- Most Memorable Memories of Last Month

Life is full of rich experiences. I struggle to remember this myself. No matter how dull the day to day seems at the time, when I take a step back I begin to realize life is anything but dull.

So I decided to look back over the month of October. What did I do with myself? Well...


Saturday, October 2- The first weekend of October my older brother Kyle came to Bryan to visit me. He arrived Saturday night and left Monday morning. We enjoyed a bonfire, Bimbo's, Calvary Chapel (my church here in Chattanooga), lunch at Olive Garden, tennis, and Twister (the movie). We had planned on going to see the movie Devil, but it just wasn't worth it in the end. But we had a lot of fun. What more can you ask for in a weekend?

Friday, October 8- I had breakfast with Amanda Lauren Young, a good friend that I have not gotten to spend a lot of time with. It was something we did on a whim, but it turned out to be totally worth it. We had a great time. This Friday also marked the beginning of Fall Break.

Thursday, October 14- I went to Case's infusion with Melissa. He was really happy that I came to his treatment, and so was I. We watched The Princess Bride until he fell asleep, and I had a great talk with Melissa. It was good to catch up with such a good friend that I don't get to see as much as I used to. I miss the Hogans and their boys. 

(For those who don't know about Case and his condition, please check it out here at: http://www.savingcase.com)

Saturday, October 23- I went to Oktoberfest in Chattanooga with Micah and Erika. It was glorious. There was a bounty of awesome food, including brauts and sauerkraut and pretzels. I also had some of the best lemonade I've ever had there. Then there was a free concert sponsored by 96.5 The Mountain- the bands included Ready Set, Runner Runner, and Shontelle. Shontelle was definitely the highlight. We were right at the front. She sang right into my camera and touched Micah's hand! Celebrity encounter of epic proportions!! 


Sunday, October 24- I tried to go to the first Chamber's concert up on Dayton Mountain. Oh how Google Maps betrayed me! I was lost for an hour. Never made it to the church. It was a nice drive though, the fall colors were beautiful and if I hadn't been so stressed about never finding my way I would have really enjoyed it. 
Wednesday, October 27- Day of Prayer. Bryan College gives students one day off a semester to just pray. Usually we end up spending that time doing something awesome like hiking or going to see a movie. This year I organized for 16 people to go see my favorite movie in the dollar theater: Inception. (I am going to have to blog about this movie at some point, I just love it so much.) 


Sunday, October 31- Halloween. It was a fun packed day from start to finish. We (Me, Micah, Erika, Erin, Lydia, Vincent, Sammy and EB) went to Calvary as usual and then went to Genghis Grill in Chattanooga afterward for EB's birthday. I had never been, and at first the task of basically preparing my own meal was daunting, but I loved it! Then we walked around Chatty and took pictures and got ice cream. Then Erika and Micah and I went on to Target to get me some fingerless gloves for my costume (I was the Black Widow). That night I went to my first Halloween party. Good times all around.

Not a bad month over all. We'll see how November goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment