Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What if?

Okay, here it goes.

I don't know if I can sustain this habit. I don't know if I have anything worth saying that should go into this blog. I haven't really worked out exactly how I want this to work, but I know for a fact that the internet is a great forum for grand scale communication. So here I am, blogging.

Today Shaun Groves spoke in my Interpersonal Communication class. He is a good speaker and had some interesting things to say about the internet and, yes, blogging. He is really into blogging himself and it seems to be going pretty well for him. I got to thinking as he was talking about what he does with it about how much time I waist on the internet accomplishing nothing whatsoever. I mean, as fun as it is to watch random YouTube videos for hours... let's be real, it doesn't really enrich my life.

So I started wondering what would happen if I really applied myself to an enriching online experience- one with actual purpose. I have done a truly poor job of maintaining my YouTube channel, and I don't really involve myself on Facebook in an effective way either. So what if when I got on the internet I actually contributed? What if I started blogging twice a week about things that matter to me and might even matter to others? What if I decided I would actually make at least one video a week?

What if?

So here is the start of my "What if?" experiment. Maybe this will go somewhere, maybe it won't. But this is day one of a new experience that I'm hoping I can share with a lot of people. Hopefully people from all different walks of life.

Will you join me on this journey?

I will be blogging on Tuesdays and Thursdays for as long as I can keep it up. I'll maybe even throw in Saturday blogging on occasion.

Well, all my love. See you Thursday.


PS- here's a link to Shawn Groves blog: http://www.shaungroves.com/

1 comment: