Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2011- Shaping up to be a happy year

For some reason, for the past several weeks, I have been extremely positive about life. I can't tell you why. There has been no spectacular change in my circumstances that would prompt such happiness... but alas, I am happy. It must be joy from the Lord, because I honestly can't say where it's coming from. I hope that it stays with me, because it really is wonderful.

There are positive things happening in my life right now. I am working toward several goals, including the eventual removal of my impacted wisdom tooth. I am working hard, and a lot, but because I have my sights set on something, I am happy to have work, and I am excited for the opportunities it will allow me. I can't express what a blessing it has been to have this job from Mama Lemons (Garrett's mom) that will earn me $200. That's straight from the Lord. The plasma business should also prove to be fruitful, and I am looking forward to making a regular habit of going.

Along with my improving financial situation, my academics are not as difficult as I feared they would be. At least not so far. Biology seemed very daunting to me at the start of the year, but now I enjoy it a lot. And I made an A on my first quiz! Also, today my overseer for my work-study job told me that I am the best worker in our program (America Reads) and offered me her position next year. I don't know if I can accept yet, but it was a great affirmation to know that my dedication to these kids has been noticed and appreciated. I really do enjoy working with them, and I take the job seriously.

I guess this post turned into something of a life update. So there it is in case you were wondering. I am happy even in my strife lately, which is wonderful.

In his heart, a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

There are certainly places I would rather be in life right now, things I would rather be doing at this point, but God has put me in the place I am in and set my heart at rest. What a great peace he has given me!

Nicole

1 comment: