Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Preview

Hey!

I meant to do a full Guatemala post today, but I got distracted and now I don't have the time. So, instead I am posting this short entry so everyone can take a look at my blog's new style and have a teaser of what is to come.

I plan on blogging and vlogging a lot more coming up, so get ready for that. I will be featuring writing samples here like short stories or silly poems (Have you read my limericks? They're fantastic!) as well as life updates, Biblical study observations, and hopefully just some enjoyable reading.

I like to write, I really do. So much so that I ought to convince myself to do it more often.

Guatemala was amazing, and I really wish I had the time to do it justice right now, but I will say that I came to grips with some personal issues I've been facing while there, and God is working on my heart. Now that I'm back home, I have to get on with life. I have nothing holding me back anymore from being a grown up and figuring things out. No longer can I say I'm tied down by the impeding Guatemala trip because, well, it's over. And I'm still searching. And I have bad days. Really bad days. But God is good throughout them.

Did a lot of reading in Psalms while there (part of our daily team devotions) and so I will leave you with a verse I discovered while there that I hope to carry with me all the days of my life.

Psalm 130: 5

"I will wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."

Hope is kind of a major theme in my writing, and in my life, though lately I keep losing it. But God hasn't lost anything, not even me. So I will wait and hope.

Look forward to a detailed Trip post coming soon! (Hopefully tomorrow.)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, miss fantabulous red. Did you know that you've already blogged 400% as many times as last year. Yeah, you're a go-getter! :)

    And you are truly one of the most absolutely amazing young woman that I've ever known, unique & phenomenal in so many ways.

    Now have a nice day, dadgummit!!!

    ReplyDelete